14 Self-Care Tips Every Girl Boss Needs In Her Life
Posted on March 21 2018
There are times when we need cutesy Self-Care tips, like ordering a Chinese & binge-watching Netflix. Then there are times when we need to handle our self-care like a boss, straight talking and non-cutesy. Laying in bed with £20’s worth of Junk Food sounds awesome, but guess what gorgeous, this won’t help if you already feel crappy.
Warning! be prepared for some home truths.
1.Wake up early. Lounging in bed all day makes you feel groggy, fed up and unproductive. It’s time to get up Princess. Instead of rushing around each morning, take a few hours for yourself. Cook an actual breakfast, watch the sunrise, read, workout.
2.Keep it clean. Mess equals stress! Keep your palace clean. Put on some tunes, make your bed, clean your room, wash up the dishes, hoover, clean the sides, burn some incense, let in some fresh air, take out the rubbish.
3.Declutter your life. Recycle, donate and throw away anything and everything that you no longer need.
4.Get fresh air daily. Sitting in the house all day is depressing! Go for a walk around a park or sit outside.If its warm, take off your shoes and dip those toes in the grass!
5.Put the junk food down. It’s a vicious circle, if you are already feeling low, junk is not going to make you feel better. In the moment, a 22 piece KFC bucket sounds awesome. In the long run, you are going to gain unhealthy weight, bad skin and an addiction to the highs of crap food. Instead, grab some fruit and make yourself a delicious salad, you will feel 10x better.
6.Stop putting things off. Stop waiting until you lose weight or for the right moment (there is never a right moment), go for that drink, go for that date, tick off your to-do list, go for dinner with your family, attend all your appointments, answer your emails and texts. Tick anxiety off the list too.
7.Look after yourself. When you look good, you feel good! Admit it, when your skin, hair and makeup is on point, you feel like a goddess. Drink 2-3 litres of water a day! Wear nice perfume, Take your vitamins, Cleanse and moisturise your skin, brush your teeth, have a shower. Wear fresh clothes, remove your makeup at night. Use Castor oil for your eyebrows and eyelashes. Biweekly mani/pedis, wash your hair and take off that smelly dressing gown that you have been wearing for a week (yes I see you)
Self-Care Toiletry Bag Essentials: Cleanser, moisturiser, cotton buds, makeup remover, razor, hair removal cream, body wash, face brush, toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, and a cute girly headband
8.Start making healthier choices. This is a biggie. Honey, you have to break toxic patterns. Stop sleeping with guys who use you. Get rid of so-called friends who make you feel worthless. You deserve better.
9.Meditate and Journal. Let go of all the pent-up frustration and waves of anger. Carve out some daily me time to write and meditate your heart out.
10. Practice what you post. Stop creating a fake life on social media. Instagram is not real it’s a highlight reel. You should be concentrating on your real life, not taking a hundred pictures of your food before you eat it. If you have 100k followers but less than £1000 in your bank, you need to get your priorities straight. Real happiness doesn’t need to be snapped and put on Social Media. Recognition from strangers isn’t real, your confidence shouldn’t depend on how many likes you get. Get out there and live a real Girl Boss life.
Sacred Self-Love Reminder > Unfollow negative people, Take a break once or twice a week, Mute/unfollow anyone who you feel envious or jealous of, Only follow inspirational, positive and motivating pages
11. Don’t complain if you’re not willing to change. When you are depressed, it’s difficult to get out of bed, let alone do anything. However! in order to get out of your depression, you have to listen. When you read that you have to exercise and drink water etc. Don’t shrug it off. There is no point saying you want help and complaining about your life if you’re not willing to change. Yes, it’s hard, but if you push yourself and get out of bed and do the above steps, you CAN kick depression to the curb and live a happier life.
12. Be grateful for what you have right now. Maybe you want to be prettier, thinner or have a better job. There are those out there on the streets, people that have lost their whole families, those who have had awful accidents who can no longer walk. Honey, you have to start being grateful for what you have right now. You have a lot more than most. Be grateful that you have eyes to read (this awesome post), legs to walk. Be grateful that you can still make your dreams come true.
13. Work towards your dream job. It may take years, tears, working 3 jobs, numerous training courses and a partridge in a pear tree. Take small steps every day and you will get there. Girl.. you got this!
14. Lay off the caffeine & cigarettes. Yes, i know!! The epitome of a girl boss is Coffee and Cigarettes. In reality, coffee gives you the worst anxiety of your life. Do you get crazy palpitations? irritability? That’s coffee! It’s an unhealthy addiction, if you find that you can’t focus without drinking it.. darling there’s a problem.
I don’t think I have to tell you why you shouldn’t smoke. Obviously, you know it’s unhealthy and if your skin is looking a little haggard, that’s why.
Have I missed any Girl Boss tips? let me know in the comments below ⇓ I love hearing from you beauties
Written by: sacredselflove.com